Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Noticer – A Book Review

As a book review blogger for Thomas Nelson I get to read a variety of books that I might not otherwise read. The Noticer was one book I had heard of but knew very little about. This was my first read by Andy Andrews but it won't be my last! He has a great ability to teach good life-transforming principles through the vehicle of fiction. The main character is a mysterious and charismatic older man named "Moses." He has a knack for appearing at just the right moment to speak truth into people's lives in a loving but surgical manner that cuts to the heart of the matter. I was especially gripped by the description of how Nobel Prize winner Norman Bourlag's hybridization of corn and wheat for arid climates has saved an estimated 2 billion people! But, Jones asks, should he really get all the credit? Perhaps Vice President Henry Wallace should have shared in the honor. Then again, maybe George Washington Carver or a farmer named Moses from Diamond, MO should have. What do these people have in common? For that, you will have to read the book yourself! I recommend this book to people of all ages who are wrestling with issues of personal significance, marital conflict, worry, finances, answers to life's questions, etc., in other words: everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment